It’s called a musical baton. What’s it for? Clubbing people.
- Total volume of music files on my computer
- 8.2 Gigabytes, about 3 days 17 hours.
- The last CD I bought
- American Idiot by Green Day, and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb by U2.
- Song playing right now
- Ramones, Rockaway Beach
- Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me
- Paranoid Android – usually Radiohead, sometimes Brad Mehldau, The Section, or the University of Massachusetts Front Percussion Orchestra. You can’t have too many versions of one song. I have seven Karma Polices.
- Evolution – MotÃƒÂ¶rhead. The grand unifying theory of biology and (sometimes) Triple H’s entrance music. My iPod volume doesn’t quite go high enough for this one.
- What Would Brian Boitano Do? – D.V.D.A. From South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, the greatest musical ever made.
- Everybody Hurts – R.E.M. Because I was sure I’d bore of this song quickly and years later I still haven’t.
- The Power of Love– Huey Lewis and the News. Because it’s still 1985 in my heart. Alternatives for this spot were Real American (Hulk Hogan’s music), You’re the Best from Karate Kid, Danger Zone from Top Gun, and Axel F
To be fair on the songs I didn’t mention I should tell you that this list is basically random.
- The five people I’m passing the baton onto
No-one. Given the unchecked pyramid nature of the baton’s distribution, and my embarrassingly low readership, and the fact that most of my readers don’t have blogs, I’m going to have to go ahead and declare myself a leaf node. Unless you want to jump on the meme-wagon, in which case drop a comment and I’ll pretend I passed the baton on to you. No-one will notice that I dropped it on the way.