This weekend involved:
- Street Fighter, Tekken, and Micro Machines, leaving me with very sore thumbs but also a wonderful aura of victory (which smells like napalm). In years past people would have gone there entire lives never having clawed back from the edge of defeat with one of Zangief’s double-360 spinning piledrivers.
- A big meal with smoked salmon, prawns, mussels, steak, garlic and cheese potatoe, and three desserts.
- Most of a litre of Jameson whiskey.
- A long night.
- An early morning.
- Consequently, very little sleep.
- A day of playing The Settlers II.
- New South Park (now with ninjas )
- A missed lecture on Monday morning.
The non-videogame parts of this list, apart from the late night, are mostly related to my parents’ 25th anniversary. I’m immensely proud of them for having stayed together this long; I’ve never done anything for 25 years.
As a result of this weekend I’m possibly not in the best condition to launch into a week of study (as evidenced that I’m launching into it at 5:15 on Monday evening) but I regret nothing.